AdministratorMay 20, 2020 at 1:08 am
This feature allows vendors to connect their Google Calendar Accounts with the WC Vendors WooCommerce Bookings plugin so that each booking can be synced to Google Calendar.
- Allow Vendors to connect to Google Calendar
- Two-way sync between Google Calendar and Vendor Store
- Show events on Google Calendar
WC Vendors Pro 1.7.2 or above
WC Bookings 1.15.0 or above
WC Vendors WooCommerce Bookings 1.2.1 or above
Marketplace Administrator must download and install at least version 1.2.1 of the WC Vendors WooCommerce Bookings extension which will come with the Google Calendar Integration feature and at least version 1.15.0 of WooCommerce Bookings plugin. Once the plugins are installed and activated, the Vendors will be able to connect their stores with Google Calendar to sync events/bookings between their stores and Google Calendar.
For Vendors to connect their store to Google Calendar, they must be logged in to the WC Vendors Pro Dashboard.
Follow the following steps to connect as a Vendor
- Go to WC Vendors Pro Dashboard and click on Bookings link on the dashboard navigation, the bookings page will be loaded.
- Click on the ‘Google Calendar Integration’ button.
- You should see a ‘Connect with Google’ button if you are not yet connected. Click on this button and you will be redirected to Google Account where you will first have to log in to your Google Account using your Gmail email address and password.
- If you are already logged in to Gmail, you should see a list of your Google accounts, select the one you wish to connect to your store or click on ‘Use another account’ to change to another account and select that account from the list. You will be redirected to grant permissions.
- On the permissions page click on allow. You may also see a popup that will ask you to grant specific permissions one by one, click on allow for each of those and finally click on ‘Allow’ at the bottom of the page.
- You will be redirected to a page showing ‘You just authenticated Google’. Click on ‘That’s my site – redirect me’ button to be taken back to your store. You will be redirected back to your store’s settings page and you should see a notice saying ‘Google Calendar Account connected successfully!’.
- The settings page should now have two additional fields labelled ‘Calendar’ and ‘Sync Preferences’ where you can select which calendar to sync to and how to sync between Google Calendar and your store respectively.
- Select the calendar to sync to by selecting an option n the ‘Calendar’ dropdown, then select your sync preference by selecting an option in the ‘Sync Preference’ drop down and finally click ‘Save changes’ to save your settings.
How it works
Once the account has been connected, bookings/events will be synced with Google Calendar depending on your sync preferences as follows.
When you confirm a booking placed by a customer, the booking details will be copied and synced to Google Calendar with the details of the booking including date, time and booking title. If you have selected ‘Sync both ways – between Store and Google’, when you create an event on your Google Maps and it will be automatically copied over to your Store into your Calendar and should be visible in the Bookings Calendar in WC Vendors Pro Dashboard on the ‘Bookings > Calendar’ page. If you selected ‘Sync one way – from Store to Google’ in Sync Preference then only bookings created on the Store will be copied to Google Calendar, and if you create a booking/event in Google Calendar account, it will not be copied to your Store’s Calendar.
Here is a view of a newly synced booking on Google Calendar
To disconnect your Store from your google account, you need to go to the WC Vendors Pro Dashboard and disconnect as follows
- Click on Bookings link on the dashboard navigation
- Click on ‘Google Calendar Integration’ and wait for the page to load
- Click on ‘Disconnect’ button.
The page will reload and you should see a notice saying the ‘Google Calendar Account disconnected successfully’ and you will also see the ‘Connect with Google’ button which you must click to reconnect your account.
Log in to reply.